giovedì 6 settembre 2007
I...
It rained most of the night, it was very windy, it sounded like a storm and it woke me up. So, if I did not sleep very well it was due to the water falling on the roof which is kind of scary somehow being on the last floor of this building.There are strikes tomorrow in Paris : schools, transports are going to be affected. The big question is : am I going to bother going all the way to Le Mee or not ? I am not keen on getting up at 4 am to be sure I would be on time for 7.50 am. I am in the process of getting ready all the class work anyway for the next two days even if I just work one day.I went to the new flat yesterday and I met the workers. The new pipes, the plumbing is mostly finished, the floor of the bathroom is fully cemented and the glass bricks walls are being erected. It looks fantastic already and just that gives me a boosting feeling.Speaking to my beloved Japanese tourist for more than an hour was great, I feel sorry about the time lag. Because of me, he was in bed at 3am. I'm staying in all day today, I promise.I am doing a little bit of research on the singer Eminem. Apart from heavy criticism on his last album saying that he is falling for capitalism, that is turning "soft" on his usual audience, I did not find much about who's the guy ? ???He seems to have a reputation following him, is he still the same, has he changed ? Where do we draw the line between provocative attitudes and real personality ? In France, we had a very provocative artist, Serge Gainsbourg. He was definitely playing with the prudish, Conservative, narrow-minded people who saw in him immorality, debauchery, a disgrace for the French culture. Now that he is dead, he is a genius, a high-class artist, having gained immortality for the next hundred years...
Iscriviti a:
Commenti sul post (Atom)
2 commenti:
I don't listen to Eminem. Too much angst for his mom. He seems to hate the world. :P
hehehe you said "erect".Talking on the phone was lovely, I just feel really guilty for how much that call is costing Criterion, from the most expensive hotel in Shibuya all the way to France...Can't wait to see the bathroom.
Posta un commento